Ms. Judith S. Kahamba (MA)
Ms. Judith S. Kahamba is Lecturer in the Development Studies Institute, at Sokoine university of Agriculture. She has a Bachelor of Science in Home Economics and Human Nutrition and Master of Art in Contemporary Development obtained from Beijing Normal University, China.
Area of expertise and research interest: Gender and Develoment, Gender Based Violence, Women and Grils rights, Gender in entreprenership, Gender mainstreaming in projects/programmes, Qualitative reseach methods, Development theories; Governance; Rural Co-operatives development ); Gender and Leadership, Poverty dynamics and rural livelihoods, Social Policy
Undergraduate Courses taught:
- introduction to gender and development (RD 201);
- Gender and Development (RD 301)
- Cooperatives and Rural Development (RD 206); and
- Democracy and Governance (RD 106).
Other duties and responsibilities;
BSc. Home Economics and Human Nutrition, Sokoine University of Agriculture ( 2007-2010)
Gender related factors affecting Access and adherence to Antiretroviral therapy in Njombe District
Working paper published
Judith S. Kahamba, Fatihiya A. Massawe, Carolyne I. Nombo, John N. Jeckoniah, (2017). How Gender Affects Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy in Tanzania. Working paper Series USAID/PEPFAR/Measure Evaluation Tanzania. Pp 1-36
Kahamba, J.S., Massawe, F.A.,Kira, E.S. (2017) Awareness and Practice of Gender Responsive Pedagogy in Higher Learning Institutions: The Case of Sokoine University of Agriculture, Tanzania. Journal of Education, Humanities and Sciences, Volume 6 No. 2, 1–16
Khaitsa, M, Lumutenga, N.W., Muwazi, R., Wakoko,F., Naigaga, I., Sengendo, M., Kabonesa, C., Kabira, W.M., Kiiru, J.M.M., Kanabahita, K., Nyachwo, F., Okwakol, M., Wandera, C.A., Tsegabirhant, K., Kokuberwa, K.M., Kahamba, J.S., Musabyimana, A., Manishimwe, R., Bigendako, M., Irambona, R., (2017). Higher education resource services, East Africa: a women leadership and management development model. The Pan African Medical Journal Vol. 27, 27 (Supp 4):7
Kahamba, J.S. and Sife, A.S. (2017), Analysis of Gender Stereotypes in Television Advertisements in Tanzania. University of Dar es Salaam Library Journal vol. 12
Kahamba, J.S. and Sife, A.S. (2014).Microfinance and women’s empowerment: A case study of Pucheng County Women’s Sustainable Development Association. Uongozi Journal of Management and Development Dynamics. Vol 25 (2):110-129.
Kahamba, J.S. and Sife, A.S. (2013). The Impact of Microfinance on Rural China Women’s Lives: A Case study of the Pucheng County Women’s Sustainable Development Association. Journal of Continuing Education and Extension. 4 (1): 131 – 144
- Training workshop on improving teaching methods at Morogoro Hotel, Morogoro. ( 24th June to 25th June, 2015)
- Training workshop on integrating Problem Based Learning ( PBL) and e-learning in teaching at Amabilis Conference center, Morogoro ( 16th Jun to 19th June, 2015)
- Training on Didactics and pedagogical teaching skills held at Kibaha Conference Center ( 26th Jan. to 30th Jan, 2015)
- Training workshop on Communication and Information Packaging held at Bagamoy ( 10th Dec.-12th Dec. 2014)
- Training workshop on Stakeholders Analysis and stakeholders relations held at Bagamoyo ( 29th Oct.-31st Oct. 2014)
- HERS-EA launching conference at Imperial Royale Hotel in Kampala, Uganda. ( 4th Aug. to 7th Aug, 2014)
- Training seminar on Evaluating Analytical Gender Frameworks in Research, Planning and Development Programs, Sokoine University of Agriculture ( 23rd July, 2014)
- Short course training on Research Evaluation, Sokoine University of Agriculture ( 30th June to 4th July, 2014)
- Seminar on Inclusive development and Poverty Reduction in 6th -7th Oct. 2012 Beijing Organized by the International Poverty Reduction Center in China ( IPRCC)
- Short Course Training on Social Capital and Social cohesion by Richard Estes in 8th -11th May, 2012 at Beijing Normal University
- Workshop on Microfinance and Women Empowerment on 16th March, 2012, Beijing Normal University
- Seminar on Theory and Practices of International Development (Poverty Reduction) for
- Asian Countries in Sichuan Province from 16th -27th November , 2011 organized by IPRCC
- International training on Organic Agriculture in Uganda from July –August 2010, Makerere University of Kampala, Uganda
- Gender sensitization workshops and seminar on 7th May, 2010 conducted by GIPC, at ICE, SUA.